"Almost all children respond to music. Music is an open-sesame, and if you can use it carefully and appropriately, you can reach into that child's potential for development." Dr. Clive Robbins

Friday, November 11, 2011

I love music

We are going to try a condenced version of our schedule so it's not so long.  We will still do the other things each time I just won't put it on this to save time.  Let me know if you like this better.
Theme:  I love music
Letter for the Week:  F
Number of the Week:  1-10 review
Mon and Tuesday: 
Art and Craft: Making Shakers!
Snacktime:  Rice Crispy Treats
Motor:  Hot Potato Game
Math:  Number Tiles w/ dice

Wed and Thur
Spotlight for Madden on Thursday
Art and Craft:  Making our own music on the staff
Snacktime:  Fruit Roll ups
Motor:  Physical Challenges
Math:  Number Puzzles


Homework challenge:  With the Tuesday and Thursday we have been working in the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Engelmann.  I love this method of teaching children to read.  I highly recommend that all my parents buy this book and use it at home to reinforce the reading at home.  We will begin using the book in the Monday and Wednesday Classes starting in January.  I didn’t feel like they were quite ready to begin it yet but by Jan.  I think they will be.  Most of the kids are doing really well with the reading and are catching on fast.  You can get the book at The Book Table or online.  I know they have the book at most libraries so if you want to check it out first before you buy it that may be a good option. 


Announcements:
I will be sending an e-mail with a survey to see if you have any suggestions or things you would like done at preschool.  We have been going for a few months and I would like some feedback to know if I can make this a better experience for you and your student.  You can return this via e-mail or print it out and return in person.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!